- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and carefully add the eggs. Boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, drain off the water and crack all the shells lightly with the back of a spoon. Then cool the eggs under cold running water.
- While the eggs are cooking, place the vinegar, spices and bay leaves into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then take off the heat and leave to cool
- Peel the eggs and place 6 into each kilner jar
- Once the pickling mix is cool, pour this over the eggs to cover with the spices.
- Fasten the lids and store for at least 2 weeks in a cool, dark place to mature.
- When the eggs are ready they can be enjoyed in many ways as part of a dish or as a snack. Perfect for picnics!
Share this Recipe