- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg white and caster sugar together until just frothy
- Stir in the ground almonds, then the coconut oil.
- Add the lemon zest and then the flour. Mix well. Set aside for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Make the lemon curd by melting the coconut oil with the sugar , lemon juice and zest in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, whisk in the beaten egg and yolk.
- Keep stirring or whisking until the mix begins to thicken and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and place into a container to store.
- Divide the friand mix between the moulds of choice
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Test they are cooked through by inserting a clean skewer into the middle; it will come out clean.
- Remove form the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes, then tip the friands out of the moulds and place on a cooling rack, upside down
- Mix the extra caster sugar with the juice from the zested lemon to make a fresh syrup and spoon over the friands.
- Once the friands have cooled, trim off the tops if they are not level
- Cut each in half hemispherically and spoon some of the lemon curd onto the bottom half.
- Top with raspberries and rhubarb and a spoonful of coconut milk yoghurt.
- Put the top half on add lemon curd, raspberries etc as for the filling.
- Garnish with some candied lemon zest, crushed meringue and rhubarb crisps if desired.
Share this Recipe