|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- Pick over the blackberries and wash carefully
- Peel and roughly chop the apples. Place berries and apple into a saucepan with the first measure of caster sugar a splash of water, lemon juice and zest.
- Cover and simmer until the apple is soft. Mix in the butter to melt. Remove from the heat and pass through a sieve.
- Transfer to a heat proof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs with the cornflour
- When the blackberry mix is hot, slowly pour in the egg mix, whisking until it becomes thick.
- Remove form the saucepan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Make the meringue by placing the egg whites into a clean, grease free bowl and whisking to stiff peaks with the salt.
- Gradually add the second measure of caster sugar and keep whipping until glossy.
- Spoon the blackberry and apple curd mixture into the pre-prepared tart case and smooth over.
- Pile on the meringue, spreading to cover. Swirl the meringue decoratively as desired.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the meringue is golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Best enjoyed on the day it is made.
Share this Recipe