|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
- 200 g Skinless and Boneless Fish such as pollack, bream, hake or mackerel
- 2 dried lime leaves rehydrated and finely shredded
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 1 red chilli sliced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Thai curry paste I used Massaman but red or green curry paste would also be good
- 1 tsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 20 g Cornflour
- 3 St Ewe Rich Yolk Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Oil for deep frying
- A deep fryer for cooking the scotch eggs
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and cook 2 of the eggs for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain off the water, lightly crack the shells and then cool under cold, running water. Set aside while you make the fish mix up.
- Place the fish into the bowl of food processor and blend until mixed roughly chopped.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass, lime juice and zest, chilli, lime leaves, fish sauce, curry paste, spring onion, cornflour and coriander.
- Pulse to mix until a firm paste is formed.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Peel the eggs carefully.
- Put the flour and breadcrumbs into two separate bowls or containers. Stir the sesame seeds through the breadcrumbs.
- Pat the peeled eggs dry then dust with a little flour
- Take half of the fish mix into your hands and flatten it to form a cup shape.
- Place one egg onto the fish mix and using both hands, gently ease and pinch the mixture around the egg to enclose it, moulding it so the egg has an even covering.
- Repeat the process with the second egg. Set aside and wash your hands.
- Whisk the egg in another bowl.
- Roll each egg in flour, then into the egg, then coat evenly with crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Place both coated eggs on a paper lined tray and put in the fridge for 15 minutes to set
- Heat the oil to 160 degrees Celsius in a deep fryer.
- Deep fry the scotch eggs for 6 minutes until they are golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oil, drain well and set aside to cool.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Delicious with Chilli Mayo and Lime.
Share this Recipe