- Preheat the grill.
- Separate 2 of the eggs, placing the whites yolks into a clean, grease free bowl. Put the yolks and 1 whole egg into a separate bowl. Whisk the whole egg and yolks together until well combined.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form.
- Fold half of the whites into the yolk mix and gently stir to mix. Fold the other half of whites into the mix.
- Put a small, non stick pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and swirl around the pan. Pour in the omelette. Cook for a couple of minutes until it is starting to colour on the bottom.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and chives, then place under the preheated grill. Cook for a couple of minutes or until the cheese is melting.
- Remove from under the grill. Carefully tip onto a plate using a fish slice to loosen if needed, gently folding the omelette in half as you tip it out.
Share this Recipe