- Place a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil
- Take a circle cutter or glass, about 6cm in diameter and cut a whole in the centre of the slice of bread.
- Place the slice of bread in the heated pan and move around to coat the base with the oil. Cook for 2 minutes until the base of the bread is golden and toasted. Cook the disc of bread that you cut out too.
- Turn the bread over. Drizzle over a little more oil and crack an egg into the hole. Reduce the heat and cook until the egg is nearly cooked. Placing a lid over the top for 20 to 30 seconds will help to set the top of the egg.
- Remove the bread from the pan and serve.
Share this Recipe