For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g pinenuts
- 1 banana shallot finely diced
- 2 cupfuls of mixed wild mushrooms trimmed and
- 2 bunches of English or Cornish Asparagus trimmed and cut each into 2 to 3 pieces
- 100 mls white wine
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- a large handful of wild garlic leaves washed and roughly chopped
- Truffle Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 warm plates
For the sauce:
- To make the pasta, place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a dough forms. Alternatively, put the flour and salt on a clean work surface and create a well in the centre. Add the eggs and using a fork, whisk the eggs lightly and start to incorporate the flour into the eggs, using a circular motion. Once you have most of the flour and eggs combined, use your hands to continue to bring it together.
- Remove and knead for 6 minutes. If the dough is a little stiff, add a touch of water. Once the dough is smooth, wrap with cling film and set aside to rest for an hour.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. While you are waiting for it to boil, roll out half the pasta dough using a pasta machine. Get the pasta sheets down to the thinnest setting.
- Dust with semolina and cut into 8cm squares. Allowing 2 per portion. There will be pasta dough left over to use for something else, or to make larger servings. Cover with a clean tea towel and make the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add the pinenuts and cook until they start to colour. Reduce the heat and add the shallots. Cook gently without colour until they start to soften. Add the mushrooms and asparagus.
- Stir and add the wine. Cook for a a few minutes or until the asparagus is just about cooked.
- Add the crème fraiche and wild garlic. Gently fold together to wilt down the wild garlic. Season to taste.
- While the sauce is cooking, carefully drop each piece of pasta into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then using a slotted spoon or sieve, remove the pasta squares from the pot. Drain and then assemble the open ravioli by placing 1 piece of pasta onto each warmed plate. Add a spoonful of the asparagus mix on top, then top with another piece of pasta, finishing with a spoonful of the sauce.
- Drizzle with a little truffle oil if liked and a few shavings of parmesan.
Share this Recipe