|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 4 St Ewe Eggs hard boiled, cooled and peeled
- 150 ml Beetroot Juice
- 1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 leaves big handfuls of Saladsuch as gem lettuce spinach, rocket
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Handfuls of Roasted Vegetables such as sweet potato squash etc roasted with some cumin seeds
- 1 Avocado
- 4 heaped Tbsp of Houmous recommend Beetroot Houmous
- Put the beetroot juice in a container with the cider vinegar
- Add the hard boiled eggs and leave to marinate for about half an hour. The longer you leave them, the more intensely coloured they will become.
- While the eggs are marinating, place a medium sized non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the oil.
- When hot, tip in the chickpeas and sauté. Add the turmeric and mustard seeds. Keep cooking, stirring now and then until the chickpeas start to get some crispy edges.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grab 4 salad bowls or plates and divide up the salad leaves between them.
- Add a few slices of avocado to each, then follow with piles of roasted vegetables and the chickpeas.
- Spoon on the houmous and the roasted chickpeas.
- Mix the tahini, lime and maple syrup together, thinning with enough water to make a dressing that can be drizzled over.
- Remove the eggs from the marinade. Wear gloves unless you fancy pink stained hands. Drain the eggs on paper towels and cut in half. Place 2 halves on each salad.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the top and serve.
Share this Recipe