|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 hours|
- Set oven to 130 degrees Celsius for fan assisted. Line a tray with baking parchment
- Put the egg whites in a super clean bowl and beat either with a hand beater or food mixer, using the whisk attachment to reach stiff peaks
- Gradually add the caster sugar a tablespoon at a time and keep beating until the meringue is glossy.
- Add the vanilla, cornflour and vinegar. Beat to mix.
- Turn off the mixer and remove the bowl.
- Spoon the meringue onto the prepared tray into a circle
- Using the back of a spoon, make a crater like hollow in the centre.
- Place the pavlova into the oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pavlova in there until the oven is cool.
- Remove the pavlova once cold.
- Whip the cream with the second measure of sugar and vanilla to soft peaks
- Pile on top of the pavlova and garnish with fruit of choice.
- We used some lemon curd, lots of delicious berries, lermon verbena leaves and some elderflower gin jelly to make a really summery version of this classic dessert.
Share this Recipe