Boost the Roost
Boost the Roost free range eggs are our ultra-nutritious egg. Containing high levels of selenium and high levels of DHA Omega-3 which are naturally fed to the hens, who in turn absorb and deposit these important minerals and nutrients into the eggs.
Our bodies find eggs an easy food to digest. Eating these nutrients and minerals instead of taking supplements means you can build up a store in your body tissue, giving you a reserve for when you need them.
Whilst research is still taking place, we first looked at adding selenium to the hen’s diet after reading a study from Liverpool University linking selenium with the protection of the cells around the pancreas. Due to a family history of pancreatitis in the family, this is a very important issue for us, which is why 5p from every box sold is donated to PCUK. Selenium is a natural antioxidant defence that can help prevent cellular damage from free radicals.Selenium is a trace mineral that naturally occurs in volcanic soil. Due to major selenium soil deficiency in Europe, our daily selenium intake is low. The hens obtain higher levels of DHA Omega-3 from their diet, which is supplemented with a natural, algal-based form of DHA. Other Omega-3 supplements are often based on fish oils or plant based oils such as linseed; both of which can taint the flavour. The algal-based DHA also offers a very sustainable farming method.
- Boost your immune system
- Helps regulate your thyroid hormone production
- Contributes to antioxidant activity (cell wall protection)
- Plays an important role in fertility (spermatogenesis)
- Strengthens hair follicles, nails and boosts the collagen in your skin
DHA Omega-3 benefits:
- Contributes to brain health & function, maternal health and cognitive function in the elderly. Helping to slow the early onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
- DHA helps brain, eye and nerve development, visual health and function and eye health
- DHA and EPA fatty acids contribute to the cardiovascular system: maintenance and promotion of heart health and healthy circulation
- DHA and EPA fatty acids play a very important part in carbohydrate metabolism and insulin sensitivity. Long term maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations
Two Boost the Roost eggs give you 75% of Selenium RDA & 60% of DHA Omega 3 HCB*
Available to buy from:
* HCB – Health Claim Benefit/ RDA – Recommended Daily Allowance